Kathy and Don had a wonderful 3-day, 2-night trip to Skye and Lochaber with John from Corran Cottage Tours. Here’s a summary of their trip:
Day 1 (Friday, April 21, 2023):
- Departed from Inverness and first visited Eilean Donan Castle, enjoying a tour of the castle.
- Continued the journey to the Fairy Pools at the Cuillin Mountains, where they had a leisurely hike and enjoyed the spectacular weather.
- Made a short stop at Sligachan to view the old bridge and monument to mountaineers.
- Final stop of the day was Portree, where Kathy and Don stayed in a local hotel.
Day 2 (Saturday, April 22, 2023):
- Explored the Trotternish Area, with stops at the Old Man of Storr and the Quiraing, marveling at the breathtaking scenery.
- Also stopped at Staffin Beach, although the tide prevented them from seeing the Dinosaur footprints.
- Visited Duntulm Viewpoint to watch vessels sailing northwards to the Minch.
- Enjoyed a visit to the Skye Museum of Life before a break in Uig to see the departing ferry.
- Kathy and Don stayed at the 3 Chimney Hotel and Restaurant for the night.
Day 3 (Sunday, April 23, 2023):
- Drove to the south end of Skye and took the ferry from Armadale to Mallaig.
- Arrived at Glen Finnan and walked a short distance to view the Jacobite Steam Train passing over the famous viaduct.
- Had a meal in Fort William before traveling north to Inverness.
- Took the quieter road via Foyers and Dores on the shores of Loch Ness, with a quick stop at the pebble beach in Dores.
- Returned Kathy and Don to their hotel in Inverness for their last night.
Overall, Kathy and Don had a packed itinerary and enjoyed various attractions, castles, hikes, stunning views, and local landmarks during their time in Skye and Lochaber. They were appreciative guests who made the most of their trip to Scotland.
Kathy and Don were very kind and provided this comment about the service I provided them.
“We loved our time in Scotland. You were an incredible guide – mature, steadfast, reliable, timely, knowledgeable; and gave us some novel experiences.
Caroline made the transportation so comfortable. It was so fun to see your home, and grateful that you kept our large bags for a couple nights.”
Thank you Kathy & Don.